Friday, March 25, 2011

Lenting 10: Moments.

It's very obvious that I am a lazy lenter. Lazy. Lenter.

Sure, my life is very "un-lazy," but I fail to excuse myself from lent-blogging...other than...i'm tired. So tired. However, I am very thankful for the sweetness of life. God is very kind to be Him, give rest, and give strength.

And, I wonder, looking back on this week, how moments of life shape me and I don't even realize it. Some examples:
In the wine room a man came in and shared stories of his childhood raised on a farm and in the years of segregation. He told stories of movie theatres that separated black and white skin by seating and signs over water fountains. I grew up going to the same theatre. I grew up in the same town. I can't imagine what that would look like. Feel like. Sound like.
4 high school friends of mine have come to eat at Panera this week. We didn't get to talk much, but it made my heart happy.
Dad cleaned the house for Mom so that she didn't have to leave a "dirty house."
Moments of silence.
Moments of laughter.
Hearing the race cars practice while sharing life.

I can go on and on....and on. I wonder if you feel the same.


No comments: