Monday, December 1, 2008

3 day Thanksgiving...make that 4

Though Thanksgiving Day was last thursday, i'd argue the celebration started on tuesday as Raleigh and I, with her sister Reade headed to Grandma Shellenburgers mountain-side cabin in the ounce of a town, Wetmore. Last year was my first time going, making the instant wave of heat from the fireplace all the more welcoming.
Dinner and a movie, August Rush, tuesday night was a wonderful start. Reade had surgery on Monday morning which meant much needed sleep for her recovery. After the parents cooked breakfast and while miss reade slept in the early morn, Raleigh and I decided to bolder up a mountain. Wonderful hike, quiet, yet filled with laughter as we had to slide down the mountain in out "thanksgiving wear." Later we picked out the 314 tree!


reade, getting ready the best way that she knows how


from the top


here's the cabin!!

this year's tree...predecorated

So then we went home later that day in order to re coupe, make some sweet potato casserole, can get mentally prepared for the PIT tournament that was going to go down Thanksgiving day.

However, Thanksgiving morning I found myself laughing and talking turkey with family and friends from NC. I am found so thankful that even though we are not together in person, we are able to share similar moments and look forward to the times that we do spend together. I do look forward to being home soon.

As we made it to Simla to spend time with the other side of Raleigh's fam the snow had begun to flurry and the eatin' and PIT bracket makin' began. End result: full tummy's and a hoot of a trophy to carry home! (I'll have to post a picture of it soon.)

Friday was one of my favorite days of thanksgiving: morning brunch with the Tillman fam, then Raleigh and I headed to Denver to see our friends Rachel and Megan(from the road trip to arkansas)...had some bangin' hot wings sided with lots of laughs. And lastly, Mrs. Becky taught me how to make an Advent wreath from the trimmings we collected in the mountains that seems to go well with the rest of the decorations!

No comments: