Friday, December 5, 2008

snow and school

Mornings bring me joy. It makes me glad to wake up early be before the sun, start a pot of coffee and guess as to what the early morning light will bring. It's been chilly the past couple of days. In the teens and single digits at time. I couldn't be more thankful for a warm house and homemade chili. Or a car that is still able to trek through snow covered roads. Or mittens, i'm so thankful for mittens!

I'll be honest though. There has been a sense of frustration within me the past couple of weeks. I have been in a whirlwind of school finals preparations and assignment deadlines. Countless times I have wondered what it would be like to actually dedicate myself to this thing called school, learn the taught material, and let myself be inconvenienced by group meetings at the convenience of others. So finally in my college career (87.5% through it) I decided to be the student that I have known for years that I should be. As a result: another thing to be thankful for.

The other day I was talking to mom and telling her that these past two weeks have been the hardest of my college days. It's true. But I feel like more than the knowledge that I have gained and encouragement i've received, is how blessed i am from the friendships that have formed in Group Study room 212.

So I just ask that you would please pray:
  • for me as I try to let God use me be a student to teach me obedience and discipline
  • for joy and encouragement (as i often want to SCREAM, but refrain due to library etiquette and other understood reasons)
  • and for the friendships that have began to really remind me that the mundane of school has purpose bigger than i know. they are a lot of fun.

The sun is out now. There are more colors than it seems from the hundred shades of grey from the picture above.

No comments: