Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's still Summer time here!

Typically what happens when you dedicate a Sunday afternoon for a road trip through the mountains are two things:
  1. On the most beautiful, clear, sunny, fall day mountains and little streams just glow and glimmer, leaving you speechless and amazed...

  2. then, you camera batteries go dead!

typical. this was the chosen word for the situation.

However, Raleigh and I had a wonderful time aimlessly (well, not intentionally aimlessly) wandering through the beautiful Rockies, stopping at a reservoir where we were able to take a few pics and have a fun snack. I can't believe the colors of these pictures:



and...

quoted, "just take the picture."

because i happened to maybe of confused Buena Vista and Brekenridge, we didn't quite make it to our destination (not Buena Vista), but WE DID MAKE IT TO DENVER!! haha.


There are a few more things that I must share:

  • This past Wednesday i joined Vanguard Church as my home church. Where i believe that i have been called to serve, fellowship, and make myself willing to be discipled in Christ.

  • Saturday night a bunch of friends got together for an early Thanksgiving dinner which meant lots and lots of desserts and turkey and friends!

  • For the first time, Thanksgiving will be spent away from Ma an' Pa an' the fam. It will be different, but i have been humbled by the way such new friends have just opened their homes by inviting me for thanksgiving dinner. However, I couldn't think of any other way for spending my first Thanksgiving in Colorado without the Tillman gang. They have been so sweet. There is some kind of competitive PIT tournament going on that night (scratching and hair pulling allowed!) that seems pretty intense too. trophy awarded.

  • This is what Raleigh, and her sisters Risa and Reade had waiting for me when I got home the other day:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures!! I can certainly see why you like Colorado. Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you, love you, praying for you each and everyday and CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU SOOOON!!! Margie