Monday, October 22, 2007

Snow and Coffee

Yesterday was the first snow. I can't wait to go buy a camera cord and show yaw pictures. The window in the living room was opened when I woke up revealing covered cars and ground; revealing beauty really. It snowed a good bit of the day, but it didn't snow us in--though it would have in NC!

So Raleigh and I made a day of it. Which even though we live together, it rarely happens. Pastor Kelly had a great sermon on the Daily Pursuit of Redemption then Rals and I went and chatted over coffee/hot chocolate about how important it is to make a daily decision to follow Christ. She said something that has really stuck: "You know, when you think about following Christ for the rest of your life it can seem overwhelming, but you can make that decision today. You can do that. And then when you wake up tomorrow, you can make that decision again." It's fun to think that way. That God would wake us up to mercies renewed, with snow sometimes or even rain, and give the opportunity to be willing to walk with Him today and let tomorrow worry about itself.

One more funny thing (even though the above is somewhat serious) before I have to rush to work. Raleigh has been coughing of late, and yesterday she was getting a little crazy at the coffee shop. So I asked her how she was feeling. Her response, "Well, I am very aware of my throat today."

Haha. She is funny.

Pictures soon I hope!

No comments: