Monday, October 29, 2007

Mushless Colorado

Can you believe that liver mush does not exist in Colorado? Yes, my quest for liver mush ended quite abruptly after asking the poultry man if they sold any at King Soopers (N.C. equivalent to Harris Teeter), and his response was a, "ummm, liver...I'm sorry what did you call it???" Something to look forward to in the upcoming Christmas visit.

Also, I'm sure that now you are all quite aware that the Colorado Rockies were in the World Series. Though they were swept seemingly easy, making it to the World Series after winning a Wild Card playoff is a big feat! Right before they started game on, a local FOX camera crew wanted to interview Pikes Perk customers at 7 a.m. about their knowledge. First of all nobody wants to be on t.v., secondly there are only a hand full of die hard Rockies fans (I know, it makes no sense coming from a state that only recognizes Tarheel Blue). So what does this mean...I was "the last resort" and had to get interviewed in full Barista wear. Haha. They told me all the answers to the questions before it started thankfully!

P.S. How is Jeff Gordon doing in the points?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mushless,
We'll try and fulfill the cravings of the fine foods not available in the beautiful area you live in today, as you make your Cristmas visit. We are really looking forward to trying some of your new menus as well.
As for Jeff, He's in a win-win situation. He and Jimmy Johnson are locked in a battle that will go to the last race of the season. Jeff is only 9-points ahead, but since he owns half of Jimmy's car, half of the $30,000,000.00 will be his.

I love you, and miss you!!!
God Bless!!!
Dad...

Leslie said...

That reminds me, the people here in Montana think I'm such a hillbilly for knowing anything about NASCAR. My limited knowledge of the sport is projected as extensive, out here in the Northwest! You Edwards' would be proud of this girl!