Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October 16, 2007

It's so beautiful today. In sitting outside on the front step writing this, all I can hear are the birds chirping and the crispy fall golden-yellow leaves being tossed in the cool breeze. A perfect setting to reflect.

In Autumn, it seems like its the season to celebrate change, and the ending of one thing to start something new. So here are some things that have changed for me being here in CO:
  • Thinking more "Green"
  • Buying more organic, all-natural foods
  • Applying lotion 5 times a day
  • A slower pace of life ( which has been hard to say the least)
  • Getting involved in a wonderful church -- Vanguard Church
  • A greater desire to learn
  • Wearing shoes and "closeting" the flip flops.
  • Having time to celebrate what is going on the lives of my friends.

These are really just a few things honestly. Also, I have started (well today) a one-year Bible reading plan which I am totally pumped about. The plan takes you chronologically through the Bible, and I am looking forward to seeing how God will move in His scripture in this crazy season of my life.

I've heard that back home in NC that they have hardly gotten any rain. That is so crazy...like level 3 water restrictions. I wish we could take some of this snow on top of Pikes Peak and send it that way, cause I'm sure we gonna have enough. No bonfires for the Pumpkin Carving Contest...what a bummer.

One more thing. My friend Rudy that played soccer at IWU, that I met through Riccara and Raleigh (as you notice all my friends' names start with R), ran the Denver marathon this past weekend and totally qualified for the Boston Marathon in March. Isn't that awesome? She was haulin' that's fo sho!

60 days till NC.

No comments: