Monday, January 28, 2008

Up to Date

Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know of some things that have been going on:
  • School started this past week. I'm taking 4 business classes and public speaking (ahhh!). The first week was a success...now for week 2!!
  • The church I attend here in CO, Vanguard Church, just moved into a new sanctuary this past Sunday. It is a big change for our church, going from a dark red chair, red curtain, dark theatre to a big, highly lit, brand new, spread out auditorium. Pastor Kelli reminded us that this gift was not for our glory but to live out "loving more people into a real relationship with Jesus Christ."
  • I've been able to see some good movies lately: The Jester of Courts (one that Leslie and Raleigh highly recommended), The Ultimate Gift, Evan Almighty, and The Painted Veil. All very enjoyable and recommended.
  • Leslie was here for a while. I almost wanted to find something else to fix on her car so that she would have to stay longer, but none the less, she has made her way to Whidbey Island, WA. She called me the other day and stated that is was none other than "Incredible."
  • Still reading chronologically. In 1 Samuel.
  • Hung out with some wonderful friends last night (mostly names starting with R), who continuously bring joy, laughter, and wisdom into my life. They are Leslie's friends too, so there is no need for surprise.
  • Really wrestling with running a marathon. I really would like to!
  • In the process of trying to blend a espresso frappe using actual espresso grinds without it being gritty. Any suggestions??
  • This past Thursday the women of Vanguard had a ladies night with food, fellowship, music, and Heidi White (ladies minister) spoke. God is so exciting to see at work.
  • Lastly, I recently met a guy with a Tarheel cap and Jeff Gordon jacket. Oh, there really is a man out there like that!!

I hope that all is doing well. This week will be busy. Tonight I am going with some friends to a Red Robin fund raiser. 2 nights shifts follow, with school and dancing amidst it all.

No comments: