Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gaseous ponderation.

In the midst of a Barbie marketing audit project, gaseous noises proceed to ambitiously escape from my body. This all happening without any extra force. For example, gurgling which gradually makes its way up my esophagus for all to hear. So I wonder...

...is this nasty to the point of doing something about it?

Personally, it has become highly unnoticed to myself. So I ask my dear roommate if she thinks that it is to "that point."

RESPONSE: "If you don't think that gas built up in 26 ft. of intestines is an issue, then why should I?"

The comment has since left me unsettled for two reasons:

  1. 26 ft. of intenstinal organs do make home in these bodies of ours.
  2. The amount of time that it must take for these gas bubbles to make their way throughout my body. Why doesn't it tickle...or does it, but we are just used to it??

How disturbing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy this pondering. I'm disturbed along with you, for both reasons.