Sunday, December 9, 2007

Today.

Matthew 10:39
He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his
life for My sake will find it.
i'll never forget today.
Not because of the two horrible shootings.
Not because it was my first time shoveling snow.
Not because of lunch with Leslie
or an unexpected high five from Jerry.
Not because of a snow peaked Pikes.
None but this:
i have found myself lost.
Lost of self.
Lost of all i have ever been.
Lost of all i could consider being.
Lost of my whole self.
i'll never forget today.
When i was told i was missing
the point.
You. My God.
i searched for You working at the church
cafe and daydreaming at the glistening snow.
Thought You were in my favorite songs.
hands held high.
Thought You were everywhere else but
i'll never forget today.
How in mid-thought;
mid-step You placed me knee bent on this floor.
You showed me what i had been
working for all my life: everything lost.
i choose You. Life.
You. All i need.
never let me forget this day.
for Your sake.

2 comments:

HeatherMichelle said...

hey lady - just checking in.
great, great writing!
enjoy your posts,
MERRY CHRISTMAS - hope your trip home is safe & your time there is super, super fun.
I cant wait to be in NC myself!
hugs,
-heather :-)

Anonymous said...

Calli,
Thanks for being so open with your thoughts. You write beautifully. I cannot WAIT to see you on Saturday. I almost cried just now thinking of it. Love you!