Monday, November 10, 2008

Rachel G or BUST!!

Oh man. You ever sit down in a pink velvet rocking chair, kick the feet up and grab hold of a good classic novel? You won't believe this, but I did that tonight. Wierd. Granite, I highly recommend it.

This past weekend will go down in the books as a time I'll always cherish. Raleigh and I drove 11 hours to Siloam Springs, Arkansas last Thursday. Home of the Golden Eagles and our dear friend Rachel Gerdin:

While in Arkansas we went to a bangin' concert, ate at an amazing cafe 3 (yes, 3) times called "Cafe on Broadway," watched Rachel play her last game, ate Brawny's ice cream, got to hang out with some of her friends (who are hilarious), played Rock Band, saw U of A, and were able to be with Rachel...which I would say was the main goal!

Here is a pic from the soccer game. It was cold and windy. They are such troopers. I'm glad for sports like basketball and blankets. Thank God for blankets.

Being on the road for 22 hours gives need for a good co-tripper. Raleigh and I live together well, get along and such, and eat the occasional meal together. But never in a million years would I have thought to be so blessed by my time with Raleigh. I haven't laughed as hard as I did in those 3 days in a long, long time.

I'm so glad to have spent time with good friends. And these things'll such make a road tripper smile:

Sweet Rainbow. $1.89 gas.

1 comment:

Raleigh said...

granite???

1. great poem. i do love your writings.
2. love the view of kansas.
3. kajsa, what a joy. glad you met her.