Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break ends

It seems as though blogging has become much more of a random thought catch-up system, than a means of expressing deep, sincere, thought provoking messages. But it is all done with good intentions. Therefore, my attempt at sharing my life with you. Today, tonight is my last day of spring break. I took off, not only school, but work as well. Many things have happened in the past 11 days:


  • i read an entire book (Serve God, Save the Planet)

  • went hiking and trail ran

  • raked and dethatched yard(s)

  • spent good time with friends by watching movies, having meals, driving places, cooking...

  • spent a day with Trenton and Tristen

  • saw Horton Hears a Who and Tyler Perry's Meet Mrs. Brown (both recommended)

  • spent Easter away from family, but with some other friends lackin' close relatives here in the springs. I know i missed a bangin' fish fry, but can say that this time was irreplaceable as well.

also in these past days there are some thoughts that i have...well thought, and would like to share:



  • i don't know if i like vacationing in my own home and would seriously consider never doing it again.

  • "I all of a sudden feel joyful. it must be my new sense of purpose." -Horton. This line just struck me. How being given a purpose all of a sudden dictates our mood, contentedness, happiness.

  • my hands are changing colors that are not considered normal...like purple and red.

  • athleticism is almost non-existent in me anymore, however i was told that i ran and threw like a boy this week. hmmm. that comment took me back to the bowl-cut days.

  • it is possible that i will never have a job like the one that i have a Pike's Perk ever again. Patty Jo, Noelle, Ellen, I, and Jamie all went hiking. Ellen was/and will ever be our favorite Pike's Perk boss. here is a blurred pic from out after hike time at the Donut Mill.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I cannot believe you read an entire book, Calli! You are growing up so fast.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Dustin and I work with a Christian environmental organization called Christians in Conservation: A Rocha USA. I noticed that you mentioned the book "Serve God, Save the Planet" in your post, and I thought that you might like to know that sponsors its author, Dr. Matthew Sleeth, as a "creation care evangelist." We would love for you to check us out at our website, en.arocha.org/usa. You might also be interested in the website for Dr. Sleeth's book, www.servegodsavetheplanet.org.