Monday, April 28, 2008

so nice

it's getting late...almost way past my bed time. in the middle of a little debrief moment; from the day, from work, i've just realized how relaxing it is to not throw your brain to sleep before taking a moment to reflect on the day. especially today.

i think there is a window open. the dog has been barking from next door. his "ruff" seems not to me muffled like usual. hearing the breeze cool down the day just filled me with wonderful memories of the outdoor sounds i've always loved: crickets in the summer, the medley of singing birds in the spring, rain drops (and it's smell too), the tiniest mosquitoes buzzing next to our ears in mekoshika while visiting leslie (though memorable, i'm not sure if i loved that night. but who could resist laughing at bumps on our foreheads the next morning?), the sound of a stream that so perfectly trickles over it's bed of rocks, rolls upon rolls of ocean waves meeting the shore, wind chimes, chopped wood crackling down to fiery coal, wood peckers.


today has been a good day. a day of both laughter and tears. one filled with cloudy skies and blue ones to end the day. as well as one with lessons learned and maybe some taught. i liked today. it's good to enjoy days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

such wise words, my darling. I love the last paragraph and it reminds me that no matter how self-absorbed I am, if I take a step back, perhaps I will see the lessons I'm to be learning right before my eyes. cloudy and blue skies go together sometimes. makes the times of brilliant sunshine even more precious, right?
miss you, Calli.

Raleigh said...

write a post. i need an update.