Monday, June 25, 2007

Colorado

So I guess this is Colorado. A road trip that consisted of 1,700 miles (give or take between getting lost and 10,000 pee breaks), 8 states, 6 p. b. cracker packs, 4 tanks of gas, and a multitude of plasterd bugs on the front bumper brought me to a little town called Divide, CO, just west of Colorado Springs. None the less, my arrival was quite the PEAK! Pike's Peak to be exact. Yea it's pretty humbling. After glazing into the mountains for like 5 hours reality hits...I'm a nanny, that does nanny things. So Friday morning the position went into effect. Trenton, Triston, and I had our first day together. Fortunatly they have just as many issues with gas as I do. We tend to blame it on the altitude or maybe it was Taco Bell. Whatever it is fundamently it didn't stop us from scoping the town or sharing the joy of a Cherry Lemon SunDrop.

God is good. Being away from friends and family is not exactly what I would like to call easy. Yet it's a blessing to know that I can say that the woman that I have become is just a piece of those that I have met and grown to love. Thank you. Oh, and don't be thinkin' jus' cause dis Quita done went to da Wes' Side, dat da Eas' Side ain't where my hood at. Sorry, but shout outs are necessary.So here goes everything. Why not? Momma said dance. Diddy said I'm always his little girl. Broder said make sure you run away from the elephants in a zig-zag. My sister said jump with two feet in. God said He know the plans. What's left...just a dance floor. Thank You God for a dance floor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Calli,
I guess you finally made it !!!

To fill you in.

Status: Jeff is still leading.

Love Story:
Once upon a time I met a little red head and "well you know the rest".

Favorite song: Missing YOU.

Did I leave anything out?
Oh yeah, Diddy can't dance.

No joke, It looks like you are in a very beautiful place. I'm proud of you.

I love you, be careful, and dodge those "tornados". Maybe zig zagging will work for them as well.

Dad.

P.S. Send pictures...

Anonymous said...

Calli,

You are amazing. You are such a blessing and an inspiration to me.
God has put you where you are for a reason.I know that he will be doing wonderful things through you.
So when you are ready for me to come up there and go hiking (not),
let me know and I will make sure I get something with a motor to go hiking.I love you, Monica